Aspiring Writer’s New Year’s Resolutions December 31, 2010Posted by pacejmiller in Blogging, Novel, On Writing.
Tags: 2011, 2011 new year's resolutions, Happy New Year, Holidays, New Year, New Year Resolution, publishing, sydney fireworks 2011, writers, Writers Resources, Writing
Happy New Year!
Did 2010 really just pass us by?
Oh well. There’s always 2011!
I guess I did achieve a lot of my resolutions from last year. I quit my job, started studying writing, did a lot of reading and writing, saw a whole bunch of movies, and I’m a lot fitter than I was at this time last year. And I achieved the goal of getting published as a writer. But that novel is still unwritten, and I still haven’t won the lotto (damn that lotto).
Anyway, this year is for real. My resolutions for 2011:
1. Finish that fantasy novel — starting with writing at least an hour a day for at least five days a week (need to set achieveable goals)
2. Read at least 20 books — starting with reading at least an hour a day for at least five days a week (I read 18 books this year, so 20 shouldn’t be a problem).
3. Finish my writing course — unless I fail, I can’t see how this cannot happen.
4. Break 800,000 hits on this blog — should happen.
Setting my goals real low, aren’t I? Better ramp it up a bit.
5. Get at least 10 more articles/reviews published in print publications.
6. Get paid for writing (money, not stuff).
7. Win the lotto.
Let’s revisit them in a year and see how I go.